A blogger should have known that WhatWPThemeIsThat.com are able to detect the name and descriptions of the theme and plugins you use on your website. That website is certainly useful for your competitors but maybe not you. It also displayed the stats of famous detected WP themes and plugins. You must be wondering how to hide your WordPress theme and plugins information from getting detected so that your competitors wouldn’t know what you are using on your site. These information might be the key for your competitors to exceed from your current success in terms of SEO, speed, etc. For hackers, it will be a good way to hack your website. Either way, hiding these information is better than making it public. So, let’s check these steps on how to do that.
Hide WordPress Theme and Plugin Information
1. First of, make a backup of the WP theme or plugins you want to edit. Now, open your file of WordPress theme or plugin.
2. Find a file named “style.css”.
3. If this is the first time you open .css type file, your computer will ask what software or program would you want to use open that file. Choose either Notepad or any other html editing software you got.
4. Here you will see the information as below:
The text might look messy like what you see int he picture above. That is why it is always recommended that you use a coding software so that you will be able to read and edit it easily. Change the name of the plugin as well as the description. Save the changes.
5. You might want to change the screenshot.png file on your theme as well because that is a picture/image which shows what theme you are using too.
6. Now, change the name of the folder too. The zipped and unzipped folder.
You can upload and activate the WordPress theme or plugin, check it back on WhatWPThemeIsthat.com and see if it shows the information. Some plugins doesn’t display the name and description of the plugin on the style.css, this is where you need to dig deeper into each files and find out where those information are saved.